Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Transfer Week - Week 14

This week has been long and crazy! But really great all at the same time!

For the whole last transfer Elder Hodgkinson has been singing the John Denver Song "Leaving on a Jet Plane" He has been so insistent that he will be leaving and heading to St. Martin, the supposed most beautiful island in the mission. Well on Tuesday we found out that we would be getting interviewed by President Mehr on Thursday, so on Wednesday he was getting extremely excited about his interview because he was so set that he would be leaving... well Wednesday was a long day for him, I did my best to keep him focused, but he found time to keep singing John Denver... But we had a good couple lessons with some solid investigators on Wednesday.

Then on Thursday was the 2015 Celebration of the church being in the West Indies for 25 years. So we headed over to the Chapel in Canje a little early to get our interviews and to attend the Celebration performance. We had our interviews and I found out that my next companion will be Elder Sherren. Don't know anything about him, so I will tell you next week... But Elder Hodgkinson found out that he is going to be heading to....... St. Martin.
I was shocked, haha, he got his wish. He is a very blessed missionary.

But the celebration went really well! It was basically just a talent show, showing everyone that came how not-weird Mormons are... haha! but it was awesome!

Then on Friday We had a regular day of just going out teaching!

But Saturday we headed up To Georgetown for Zone Conference with President and Sister Mehr! It was extremely inspiring and I loved being there! When that got over, Georgetown had their Celebration performance, which was extremely well made also!

On Sunday we were able to attend the Bushlot branch and Elder Hodgkinson got to say his goodbyes to those he has met!

Then on Monday we had district meeting and a regular proselyting day because it was National Indian Arrival day marking 146 years since Indians came to Guyana. At district meeting we were able to take a zone picture and have a good time saying goodbyes... 

Then today, Tuesday,  Elder Hodgkinson and I woke up really early to make sure we got over the bridge before it closed and got to Canje where I will be staying with two other missionaries while we all wait for our new companions to get here!

I have loved serving with Elder Hodgkinson, and won't forget what he's taught me. He's an amazing missionary and will go far in missionary work and in life! I love him to death!

I guess that's it for this week! Thanks so much for all the love and support! I love you all and can't wait to hear from you next week!

Have a great week!

Stay Safe and Sober!

Elder Dorrance

I can't believe I could get so close to this goat and it didn't care

Zone picture from top row left to right is me, Elder Chapman (Rose Hall, Guyana), Elder Hodgkinson (St. Martin), Elder Tillotson (St. Vincent), Elder Jamison (he went home today), Elder Hendry (Canje, Guyana), 
Bottom-Elder Felix (New Amsterdam, Guyana) Sister Carter and Elder Carter (senior couple over the zone), and Elder Pollard (Rose Hall, Guyana)
We had to burn our own garbage in Guyana but I was pretty worried about catching stuff on fire so I built my own fire pit out of bricks


No comments:

Post a Comment