Monday, May 12, 2014

This week. Week 15

So This has been a pretty poor week for missionary work... haha

But on Tuesday I left Elder Hodgkinson so he could spend the night in Georgetown to fly out the next morning! So Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday I spent in Canje with two other missionaries while we all waited for our new companions!

On Thursday I went to Georgetown with the senior couple to get some visa stuff worked out and picked up Elder Sherren! Elder Sherren is sick! He's from Texas and he's been out like 14 months now. He's a great missionary and I know that we will get a long way well!

Then on Friday I went to Suriname. So there's a rule in Guyana's government that foreign missionaries can only be in the country for 90 days and then they have to leave. So every 3 months missionaries get on a ferry to Suriname, stamp their passports and get right back on the ferry to Guyana. Which took all of Friday. Then on Saturday it would have been our first full day working but Elder Sherren got some kind of bug and felt awful all afternoon on Saturday, so we let him rest for a bit. Then yesterday was bad for missionary work, but fantastic for Elder Dorrance. I was able to go to church and visit a few people but I skyped my family! Which made me super happy!

I loved talking to them especially my mom. Happy mothers day to all the moms out there. I don't know where I would be without mine!

All in all an ok week. I've been feeling better all around and I'm excited for another transfer here in Guyana!

Have a great week! I love you all!


Elder Dorrance


Ferry to Suriname



No comments:

Post a Comment