Monday, April 14, 2014

you just make up titles anyway, so here's a subject bar - Week 11

So this has been a pretty non-interesting week to say the least...
Monday I found out that the terrible stomach pain that I had been having was because of a stomach ulcer that was growing on/in my stomach. Not sure what it is but it hurts to digest a lot of food. But I got some medicine and feel good today! Then that night we had FHE with a couple of cool families and watched "Finding Faith in Christ" Which is a sweet movie that I would highly recommend.
Then on Tuesday we had District meeting and then went and spread the word about this great gospel... haha...
Then Wednesday we tried to see this guy who was being taught in England and moved back home to Guyana. When we called him he set up a time to go see him but he wasn't home. We thought we were supposed to be there for a reason, but we just decided that we weren't supposed to be somewhere else, kind of a bummer....
Then on Thursday we had a crazy rainstorm and got stuck at an investigators house. Their Ajo and Agie are Hindu so they had some interesting things to say about our religion... haha. I'm not sure if it's just something Hindu people say but Ajo is Grandpa and Agie is Grandma. So I'm learning all types of things on my mission!;) I also learned that if someone says that's my buddy, it means brother. Not friend. So that cleared a lot of things up for me...
Friday I had the opportunity to go on a trade off with Elder Tillotson. He is one of the Zone Leaders serving in New Amsterdam. He is a fantastic missionary who I learn a lot from every time I go on trade offs with. But I did have a hard time without Elder Hodgkinson there with me to help walk around our own area, being so new, we ran out of things to do and I got a little stressed out... But it ended up going well!
Saturday we met back up and traded back so me and Elder Hodgkinson headed over to our favorite Chinese restaurant for some quick lunch and worked hard on Saturday.
Sunday was a great day at church with a wonderful testimony meeting in sacrament. But for this last fast Sunday me and Elder Hodgkinson decided to fast for an investigator we have to be able to make it to church, so we started Saturday and went to his house early on Sunday morning to wake him up. So we shared a lesson with him and told him if he didn't keep his commitments we would have to stop coming by, one of those commitments being attending church. Ended up he didn't care or whatever because he never showed up to church... haha but THE CHURCH IS STILL TRUE.
Today we woke up early and got over to New Amsterdam to go and get some fabric to get some tailored pants made. I got two pairs of pants made with a total cost of 32 dollars! What a steal! haha my companion who is 6'4" is getting an entire suit tailor made by some sketchy Rastafarian for dirt cheap as well! So I'm excited to see how it all turns out!
All in all it was a fantastic week, with lots of ups and downs, just keeping on the grind I guess...
I love you all and hope you are all safe and enjoying life! I know I am!

Have a great week! Elder Dorrance


It's raining, it's pouring...


No comments:

Post a Comment