Monday, January 12, 2015

Barbados Bound! Week 50

Well this week we spent a whole lot of time trying to find new investigators and talking to people. Mostly because everything fell through.

On Tuesday we had a pretty good district meeting about planning and making sure that we set effective goals and make good plans for our days. Then we had the rest of our appointments fall through for the day with a plethora of excuses tagged along with those dropped appointments.

Wednesday we headed out to see some people that we had contacted last week but had all of them cancel on us for one reason or another, but we were able to have an awesome lesson with both Tammy and Calicia. With Tammy we talked about laws that have been revealed to Joseph Smith like the Law of Chastity and the Word of Wisdom. It is such a strength to me to see people take these things on faith. With Calicia we were able to have a great lesson about the priesthood with her and her boyfriend (not living together) She completely understands and loves the priesthood!

On Thursday we had everything fall through. People wouldn't even really talk to us so we had some contacts but it was kind of a bummer day.

On Friday we went back to the same place as Wednesday and had them cancel on us again, so we tried contacting and no one is really home on weekday mornings, so we kind of had to get out of that area, until we can set up some time in an evening to go through and talk to people. But we did have an awesome lesson about repentance with a less active family, focusing on really desiring to repent. It was sweet!

On Saturday morning there was a baptism in Calliaqua which was awesome and we also got our transfer calls telling us that I will be going to serve in Barbados with an Elder Barlow and Elder Pohl will be staying here with an Elder Cox. I'm extremely sad to be leaving St. Vincent. I have absolutely loved my time here and can't wait to have more great times in Barbados.

Sunday was a pretty regular day of church and studies and choir. I did give a talk about why we need to go to church which I was told was pretty good.... haha 

This morning we were able to head to Bequia, which is the closest Grenadine island to St. Vincent. It was pretty fun, especially going around with some of the other missionaries.

It was a good week and I have absolutely loved my time here in St.Vincent. I have met some amazing people and am so grateful to my Heavenly Father that I was able to come here to experience and learn the things that I have learned, especially from Elder Pohl. I love my time here and can't wait for more to come! 

Thanks for everything! I love you all and hope you have a great week!


Much love, Elder Dorrance

Matthews Family - St Vincent

Branch Choir

Brother Selman and Brother Richardson


Cruise Ship in Kingstown Port



L-R Elder Albis, me, Ashana, Sister Fisher, Elder Perez, Elder Vaughn




Bequia Island

No comments:

Post a Comment