Monday, February 24, 2014

Oh what a week!


So this week was defininately a test of faith! I know why I'm supposed to be out here and I know what I should be doing, but this is the most tired physically, emotionally, and spiritually I have ever been. But from what I've heard from every missionary is that I just need to hit the two weeks in the field and it goes up from there. It will be good!

I'm glad I haven't gotten any emergency emails saying someone hurt themselves or something happened while I've been gone, that's been one of my nightmares this past week... haha! But it's been good! Lot's of teaching and even some new investigators as well!

I really am in a third world country, and it really hit me when I got up Sunday morning and realized that for the fourth day in a row we didn't have enough water pressure to get water out of the shower tube, so bucket showers it was! That's one thing I probably won't get used to is cold showers... Those are still pretty bad...

I'm glad the deck is going up alright, I wish I could help! haha.

I'm glad Riley is getting the chance to play with some other girls this season and I hope those trailers work out well for you! Those things are sweet and would make a cool addition to the vehicle force our family has! haha.

No mom I'm not eating well... Haha, Guyanese food has too many bones and is too spicy. I try it whenever it is offered, but I hate having to work to get my food off the bone, I'm the biggest baby out here...

The ones are of the baptism I was able to perform on Saturday with a woman named Sister Donna! She is seriously so awesome! Unfortunately she was as good as baptized before I even got here, but it was such an amazing experience!

The next is of the pig we, as a district of 8 Elders, purchased, shaved, and gutted this morning to be cooked and eaten next P-Day. it was probably the nastiest thing I've ever had the privilege of witnessing, but it was so awesome. Haha. Oh man it's going to be good I hope, none of even knows how we would cook a pig... haha...

Other than that I'm not doing much but spreading the good word and sweating. All the time. I've never wanted to be cold in my entire life until now. But I will adjust!

Gabe Farmer and Lexi Burton from high school





I love you and miss you all! Looking at the pictures you sent really helps me get through the day! I love you each so much! Keep me updated on anything interesting going on at home! I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment